by Claire Murray, creator of the Emotion Works Programme and founder of Emotion Works CIC
It’s a real pleasure to connect with you all via this new Emotion Works platform which has been purpose built to help provide a trauma informed and relational approach to the transition of children back to school over the course of the recovery period.
At a time when the mental health & emotional wellbeing of children is becoming widely recognised as a crucially important aspect of learning and attainment, myself and the Emotion Works team are delighted to offer our 300+ existing schools complimentary access to this special ‘Recovery’ version of the Emotion Works programme. We are also very excited to welcome all new customers to Emotion Works and look forward to engaging with you all as you become part of our supportive online community.
I’m sure you’ll appreciate that creating and launching a new website in the timescale we’ve had available has been a bit of a whirlwind! But we did it, and the structure is now fully in place across the 2 main sections .
- TRAINING & GUIDANCE SECTION: The first 3 training pages are now accessible for subscribers. The Wider Framework/ 3R’s module provides the main training to help your school take a relational, nurturing and trauma informed approach to settling pupils back to school. The Component Model and Orange Cog training pages take the format of the remaining training content still to come.
- LESSONS & ACTIVITY SECTION: The overview page of the weekly teaching programme includes a ‘Getting to Know You’ / settling in period. That section is now accessible to members and links with the 3 R’s training content. This period will run for 4 weeks before we start week 1 of the cog teaching. A week-by-week schedule can be viewed here.
In addition to the training & guidance you’ll be getting from the recovery programme itself, we’re also looking forward to expanding our online community for the recovery period and to facilitating lots more learning, connecting, sharing and networking between you all along the way. It will be a unique experience for us all to participate in and I’m excited to discover what will come from us all working together.
A big advantage of us having a live practitioner community to tap in to while the programme is still being developed is that we’ll be able to take on board your feedback, requests and suggestions to help enhance the programme as we go.
- There are comment boxes on each of the training pages for your questions and feedback
- Our members only Emotion Works Practitioners facebook page is an excellent forum for connecting with others also using Emotion Works during the recovery period – but please answer the membership questions to gain access otherwise we will have to decline your request
- Our twitter page @emotionworksCIC will also likely be busy with recovery programme news and tweets over the coming months. If you tweet about the programme please tag us as @emotionworksCIC and using the #EWrecovery hashtag
We’re a small team at Emotion Works – currently smaller than usual due to 5 of our staff being on furlough so it’s been no mean feat getting this website up and running in less than a month!
A huge thank you is due to Luqmaan Zahoor for the site design & set-up and for solving our membership access issues. Also to film-maker Julian Vogel, illustrator Diane Cook and animator Jack Allen for their creative input in making the new training material so appealing. Finally thank you so much to my steadfast administration and customer/practitioner support team Catriona Harris, Lynsey Cook and Vicki Renton for your adaptability and commitment to Emotion Works during these past months of uncertainty and change. Everyone’s support in helping me to turn my recovery programme idea into a reality is very much appreciated. #lovemyEWteam
TRAINING & TEACHING Resources
Non members – please feel free to click through to browse an overview of each section
Existing Emotion Works members – your usual email address and password will work to help you log-in to this site
Recovery Programme Members – your school ‘team lead’ can add staff emails on the dashboard of our main website by logging in here