RECOVERY PROGRAMME 2021
by Claire Murray, creator of the Emotion Works Programme and founder of Emotion Works CIC
Following the successful development and roll-out of the Emotion Works Recovery Programme in hundreds of Scottish Primary Schools following Lockdown 1, we are very happy to announce that we will be continuing to provide Emotion Works support over the recovery period in 2021.
This website is now an established platform Emotion Works platform which has been purpose built to help provide a trauma informed and relational approach to the transition of children back to school over the course of the recovery period.
At a time when the mental health & emotional wellbeing of children is becoming widely recognised as a crucially important aspect of learning and attainment, myself and the Emotion Works team are delighted to offer our 300+ existing schools complimentary access to this special ‘Recovery’ version of the Emotion Works programme. We are also very excited to welcome all new customers to Emotion Works and look forward to engaging with you all as you become part of our supportive online community.
The Recovery Programme content is provided across 2 main sections
- TRAINING & GUIDANCE SECTION: The overview page for this section can be reached by clicking on the main header in the Navigation Bar. There is an in-depth module that sets the scene for the programme, followed by 9 shorter modules covering the Component Model Curriculum and Cog trainings. Each training module then links up to a ‘Teaching Week’ which helps you share the programme with pupils.
- WEEKLY TEACHING PROGRAMME: The overview page of this section can also be reached by clicking on the main header in the Navigation Bar. The teaching programme includes a ‘Getting to Know You’ / settling in period followed by 10 teaching ‘weeks’ with content relating to each of the Emotion Works cogs and the 5-part, 6-part & 7-part models.
In addition to the training & teaching support provided by the Recovery programme, we’re excited to see our online community growing. We love facilitating lots more learning, connecting, sharing and networking between Emotion Works practitioners and schools. The Recovery Programme is a unique experience for us all to participate in together.
Here’s how to join in and become part of the #EWcommunity
- There are comment boxes on each of the training pages for your questions and feedback
- Our members only Emotion Works Practitioners facebook page is an excellent forum for connecting with others also using Emotion Works during the recovery period – but please answer the membership questions to gain access otherwise we will have to decline your request
- Our twitter page @emotionworksCIC will also likely be busy with recovery programme news and tweets over the coming months. If you tweet about the programme please tag us as @emotionworksCIC and using the #EWrecovery hashtag
- Finally – our Cog Learning Competition is open for submissions until Friday 20th November 2020. We’re looking forward to seeing and sharing the wonderful work you’ve been doing and celebrating the winning entries from Monday 23rd November.
TRAINING & TEACHING Resources
Non members – please feel free to click through to browse an overview of each section
Existing Emotion Works members – your usual email address and password will work to help you log-in to this site
Recovery Programme Members – your school ‘team lead’ can add staff emails on the dashboard of our main website by logging in here
In the light of new school closures in 2021 we have made the decision to put our Recovery Programme package back on sale to allow more schools and pupils to benefit from the positive impacts of the Emotion Works approach on learning and wellbeing.
Our full school packages with longer term memberships and hard copy resources are also still available to buy from our main website shop